GDPR is Coming – Are You Ready?
IT Procurement Academy 2018, Speaker: Robert J. Scott, Scott & Scott, LLP
The General Data Protection Regulation (“GDPR”) is looming. GDPR becomes effective May 25, 2018. For Companies, the risks of non-compliance can range from up to €20 million to 4% of annual revenues. It’s imperative that companies know what is necessary in assessing their compliance obligations with GDPR. The goal of this webinar series is to go beyond simply explaining the GDPR and its requirements. This webinar is constructed in a way to do a deeper dive on specific topics relating to GDPR to equip any company with advanced knowledge, use cases, and legal requirements to be compliant before the May 25, 2018 deadline.
This webinar teaches you:
- How and to what extent your business is affected by GDPR.
- What new rights do data subjects have under GDPR, and how that affects any company.
- What it means to be a “controller” or a “processor” under GDPR.
- What types of data and services require compliance with GDPR.
- What steps are necessary for companies to meet their legal compliance before the May 25, 2018 deadline.