Webinar: A New Approach to Customer Contracting – How to Protect Your MSP from Liability
Speaker: Robert J. Scott
Date: August 5, 2020
Time: 11:00 am – 12:00 pm Central
MSPs have experienced the negative consequences of not having market-leading customer contracts. From Ransomware attacks to problems with data backups, MSPs need written agreements with customers that clearly define the services that are included and excluded, make clear that MSPs are not responsible for failure of third-party solutions, or the criminal acts of third-parties, and that include the appropriate data processing agreements to comply with applicable regulatory requirements such as GDPR, CCPA, HIPAA, and GLBA. Scott & Scott, LLP has developed a comprehensive new approach to customer contracting.
During this presentation you will learn:
• How to streamline your customer contracting process by using web-based terms and conditions.
• How to standardize your customer contracts while reducing the time and energy spent negotiating terms.
• How to build a modular set of web-based customer contracts unique to your business.
• Key provisions needed in your customer contracts to protect your company from Ransomware, early termination, data breach, data-loss, and backup failures.
• How to limit liability with risk-balancing provisions and proper insurance.
• How to determine which regulations apply to your business and what data processing terms you need to make available to your customers.
CLE Credit Pending for CA, TX and IL.