2020 Managed Services Year in Review
2020 will be a historic year, not just because we had a global pandemic. The managed services profession achieved some significant milestones this year. We will examine a few of the highlights in this year-end review of 2020.
- MSPs Rose to the Challenge in 2020
- The pandemic caused a major separation between professional MSPs and other IT providers
- Regulation of IT is now upon us
- Managed services contracts went through some changes this year. Terms, risk strategies, even negotiating tactics
- Cyber Attacks - both against MSPs and clients
- Changes in ransomware payment policy
- IT labor uncertainties created new opportunities for MSPs
MSP Zone Guest: Rob Scott, Scott & Scott, LLP
Additional Technology Law Podcasts
Current Best Practices in Managed Service Contracts
Managed services agreements are crucial for MSPs and clients. Everything from the duration of the agreement, to pricing, limitation of liability, a...
Managed Services Has Bright Future, Regardless of Political Outcomes
When many people are uncertain about the outcome of the recent political elections, there is some certainty in the world. Specifically, there is so...
Safe Cyber Hygiene Through Managed Services Contracts
How do you achieve safe cyber hygiene with your managed services customers. How about your contracts? Managed services contracts are one of sever...
Understanding the Difference Between Security and Privacy Incidents
Not every cyber attack involves a data breach. Some network breaches do not involve the loss of personally identifiable data. Understanding the dis...
Legal Tips for Dealing with MSP Clients During Pandemic
Free trials, flexible terms, force majeure. What do these terms mean and how should your MSP practice put them into effect? We'll be discussing the...
Is it Time to Tear Up Your Master Service Agreement?
MSPs have been using contracts for many years to structure and codify their managed services relationships with clients. One of the tools MSPs have...