ITAM Review Annual Conference 2017 – US
September 27-28th, St. Petersburg, FL
Speaker: Robert J. Scott
Date/Time: September 28th, 11:20 am – 12:05 pm
Presentation: Litigating Software Audit Disputes
Software audits have become routine as publishers have proven that compliance claims get customers’ attention more than sales proposals. Most software license disputes are settled out of court, but what happens when you cannot negotiate a settlement with the publisher or one of its trade associations (BSA | The Software Alliance, The Software & Information Industry Association) because the settlement demands are too high? Software attorney Robert J. Scott will give real world examples of what happens when software audits wind up in court.
In this session attendees will learn the following issues:
- Disputes Over Data Collection
- Disputes Over License Metrics
- Disputes Over Damages Calculations for Alleged Over deployments
- Termination for Failure to Pay Disputes Audit Fees
- Contract Claims vs. Copyright Claims
- When to file a Declaratory Judgment Actions
- Licensee’s Temporary Restraining Orders In Response to Threatened License Termination
- Licensor’s Preliminary Injunctions Requiring Licensee to Uninstall Post Termination
For more information or to register, click here.